Add to Calendar
August 9, 2018 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Roger William Park
Join an opening celebration for the recently restored 1700s home of Roger Williams’ descendants, including great-great-great granddaughter Betsey Williams. Betsey bequeathed the cottage and 102 acres of farmland to the City of Providence in 1871, which became the foundation of Roger Williams Park.
- Explore the beautifully restored cottage, which hasn’t been open to the public for nearly three decades
- Learn about the cottage’s preservation, history, and significance to Roger Williams Park
- Share your ideas for the Park, and for future uses of the cottage
- Hear historic Rhode Island tunes performed by the Vox Hunters
- And join a reception and short speaking program
Free and open to the public.