Improvements to Dexter Training Ground
This Tuesday, April 3, 6pm, at West Broadway Middle School
What do you most want to see improved in Dexter Training Ground? Share your ideas or just listen in at our April Neighborhood Nights event, which features a presentation by the Providence Parks Department and WBNA’s West Side Parks Committee about potential repairs and improvements coming this year to the park. Neighbor input is welcome and encouraged.
After the Parks presentation, stay and check out one of our neighbor-led committees from 7-8pm. Committee highlights include a presentation about the 46-story Fane building being proposed for the I-195 corridor at our CDC, discussion of summer/fall Armory tours at Armory Advocacy, & planning the ever-fun Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale at Programs & Events. Summaries of all April committee meetings here.
Neighborhood Nights monthly gatherings include free food, childcare, and Spanish translation. ALL ARE WELCOME.
Want Your Street Cleaned?
WBNA’s Annual Spring Cleanup relies on the organizing power of street captains. Street captains are neighbors like you who help organize the clean up of the street they live on and work with fellow volunteers during Cleanup day. Make a difference on YOUR street and beyond while getting to know your neighbors. It’s fun, easy, and we even throw a party for you!
Time for spring cleaning across the neighborhood during the 35th Annual Spring Cleanup & Greenupon Sat, April 28! Cleanup Day includes Kids Zone activities and a tree planting of 29 trees around Dexter Training Ground, as well as our annual free cookout for all volunteers! Make a great and visible impact on the neighborhood while getting to know your neighbors.
More WBNA News
- WBNA’s Conversation with Elected Officials was a fast-paced Q&A event spanning local, state and national issues. Thanks to Senator Jabour, Representative Lombardi, Representative Williams and the many neighbors who participated: Read more…
- Tree Planting in the Park during the Spring Cleanup means 29 NEW TREES for Dexter Training Ground and lots of volunteers needed! No experience necessary, just a willingness to get your hands in some (clean) dirt. Starts at 8am with a planting demo at 113 Parade St: Read more…
- Our Five Year Plan Needs You. Please take 1-2 minutes to tell us what you care about most in the neighborhood through a brief survey(versión en español aquí). Please also share with neighbors: Read more…
- Get on the Map: The Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale is fast approaching, so…save the date (Sat, May 19), clean out your closets, and sign up to get your sale on the Yard Sale Map (just $10!): Read more…
- Encuentro 2018 is a landmark national conference on Latino heritage and historic preservation held in Providence on April 26-28. Sessions with national speakers are followed by visits to Latino neighborhoods, historic places associated with underrepresented communities, recent preservation projects, public art, & more: Read more…
- Vote on a Providence JUMP Bike Share location or suggest a new one using the city’s super easy online voting site. If you live or work in Providence, please share where you think JUMP Bike hubs should be!
- Farm Fresh RI Survey – last chance to weigh in! Please complete and share this survey (Spanish version here) to help ensure the health of the Armory Farmers Market and inform FFRI’s future planning & programs.
- Historic Preservation: An Overlooked Economic Driver is a new report analyzing the impact that preservation has on Rhode Island’s economy in four main areas: Heritage Tourism, Historic Tax Credits, Quality of Life, and Sustainability. Download it here, or read more…
- The House Show: A Benefit for Habitat for Humanity Providence is this Saturday, March 31, at the Columbus Theatre. This benefit concert features The Horse-Eyed Men, Verdant Vibes, Geraldine, and Boo City. Doors open at 7pm, or become a VIP for $40 and enjoy drinks, appetizers and more before the show. Get tickets here!
Please visit the WBNA Calendar for these events and more.
- Apr 3: WBNA Neighborhood Nights: General Meeting (Parks Dept Presentation on Improvements to Dexter/Armory Park) + All Committee Meetings
- Apr 28: 35th Annual Neighborhood Spring Cleanup
- May 1: WBNA Neighborhood Nights: General Meeting (NeighborWorksRI presentation) + All Committee Meetings
- May 19: Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale