Monday, March 5, 6-8pm
West Broadway Middle School
29 Bainbridge Avenue, Providence
WBNA’s 5th Annual Conversation With Our Elected Officials is featured during the first hour (6-7pm) of our March Neighborhood Nights event, and will be in question-and-answer, town hall meeting style. Neighbors can submit questions in advance, or ask them during the event. This is a great opportunity to get to know your legislators, and to let them hear from you.
7-8pm | Take Part in Committees + Highlights
All WBNA Committee meetings take place immediately following the town hall meeting, and are open to everyone. Highlights include a DARE presentation on rent control at our C1C Committee, a project review of Bucklin Plaza at our CDC, and a discussion of park improvements with West Side Kids and West Side Parks. See below for more information on all of our committees.
All monthly WBNA Neighborhood Nights include free food, childcare, and Spanish translation. ALL ARE WELCOME and encouraged to attend!
What’s happening in WBNA Committee meetings this month
- Armory Advocacy will discuss plans for launching a designated website for the Armory, designing informational materials, and potential summer events to help further advocacy
- Community/Comunidad 1 (C1C) will hear a presentation by Direct Action for Rights & Equality (DARE) about its rent control ballot measure
- Community Development Committee (CDC) features a project review of Bucklin Plaza, an adaptive reuse of an industrial/commercial complex at 332 Dexter Street, as presented by owner and developer Jerry Batista. See renderings here.
- Green Initiatives will discuss goals for the coming spring, which include supporting a business solar program, and providing outreach and education on energy, composting, rain barrels, and recycling at the annual Spring Cleanup
- Neighborhood Action & Crime Watch Committee will discuss general concerns about safety and quality of life in the neighborhood, the 35th Annual Spring Cleanup, and potential 2018 initiatives
- Programs & Events Committee welcomes new members to help plan the 2018 Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale
- West Side Kids and West Side Parks will hold a joint meeting to discuss how they would like city funds to be used for improvements to Dexter Training Ground (aka Armory Park)
Please visit the WBNA Calendar for these events and more.
- Mar 5: WBNA Neighborhood Nights: Town Hall Meeting with Elected Officials & All Committee Meetings
- Mar 19: City of Providence’s Bike Share System Open House at WBNA (6:30pm)
- Apr 3: WBNA Neighborhood Nights: Repair and Improvement Plans for Dexter Training Ground
- Apr 28: 35th Annual Neighborhood Spring Cleanup
- May 1: WBNA Neighborhood Nights: General Meeting (TBA) + All Committee Meetings
- May 19: Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale