Community Kitchen Interviewing for Next Class
The Community Kitchen Program at the RI Community Food Bank is now interviewing for the next class that begins in mid-September 2017. The Community Kitchen provides training in basic culinary and job readiness skills for low-income or jobless adults committed to preparing for a career in food service.
This is a FREE 14-week full-time program (attendance is required: Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 4:00).
Applicants must be…
- At least 18 years old
- Eager to work full-time in the food service industry
- Able to show the legal right to work in the U.S. and provide documentation (Social Security card required)
- High School Graduate or have GED. If you are unable to provide documentation we will schedule an educational assessment
- Able to provide notarized BCI dated within 3 months class start date
- Physically able to stand and work for 8 hours, lift 50 lbs., and tolerate a hot kitchen environment
- Clean and sober for at least one year